Monday, February 25, 2013

Trying to Remember

I read this somewhere the other day...

"If you want your children to grow up calm, cool and collected than keep that in your head at all times. What you say to your children becomes what they hear in their heads"

I have been trying to remember this because I want Walker to be thinking how awesome and smart he is. But it's so hard to stay calm with a 2 year old and a 6 month old. I have been telling Walker "no" a lot lately because he has been getting into everything. So I am working on re-wording what I say and being more specific. For example instead of saying "no" to keep his hands off of something, I will tell him "please keep you fingers off of the_____." I hear him sometimes saying "no, no, no" in his pretend play and that made me sad, so in just a few days of working on this I have noticed that he is changing.

The other day I was noticing that some of my negativity has been rubbing off on him. It really bothered me so I am trying my hardest to try to change things. I know I am not perfect and I will have my moments but that's ok.

I challenge you guys to do this with me. We can all work on this.


No comments: