I have been working hard this year to lose weight and getting healthy emotionally/physically/spiritually. Yes I have lost weight, no I haven't been perfect at doing all this, I haven't reached my goal weight yet but I keep trying, and that is what is important. I have personally found that when I eat right, try to get enough sleep, do family scripture time, make sure the hubby is happy, and do something for myself; I don't eat near as much junk and I feel way better.
This year I have taken a whole different approach to getting healthy than I have in the past. I have been focusing on long-term reasons why I want to get healthy.
I want to be healthy (some of the top reasons):
- so when my kids are older we can go on hikes
- because I know I feel better physically
- because I am a better mom
- because I feel closer to my Savior (I really feel that there is a connection between the way we feel about our self and our relationship with our Savior)
Some ideas I have thought of for myself and family to make us healthier is to:
- plan our meals for the week
- make time for the hubby
- read conference talks (always makes me feel better)
- limit tv/internet time to maybe when the kids are in bed
- get out and go on walks
- go to bed at a reasonable time