Friday, September 28, 2012

Guess who is 1 mth

Thats right, Julian is 1 month old. I cannot believe how time has flown by this time. Julian has blue eyes and light brown hair. Hobit feet and long fingers. He does spit up but nothing that is comparable to Walker. He has done 5-6 hour stretches between feedings and he is a wonderful addition to our growing family.

Birth Story:

On Aug. 27, I had an appointment to get results of an ultra sound that I had done because I was measureing small. At that appointment he told me that his head circumference vs the circumference
 of the abdomen were not measuring correctly, so he sent me for a non stress test. Ok, we do the non stress test he doesn't like the movement of the baby. He said he wasn't showing signs of distress but he wasn't showing signs that he was happy (he wasn't a very active baby to begin with). So he sends me to the hospital for another non stress test and another ultra sound. Before I went to the hospital I came home and had lunch because I was starving and told Eric about it so he could come with me, just incase their were complications or they were going ot induce me. So we go to the hospital, blah blah blah, ultra sound results come back, and I am low on fluid, so they admit me, and I am not even dilated, yippee. I am induced, which went so much better this time around compared to Walkers induction. First round of it didn't do anything, second round we try something different and it worked like a charm and before we knew little Julian was here on Aug 28th.
Recovery was so much better this time! I swear with Walker I couldn't sit for a week. Julian was a little angle in the hospital and slept like a baby, but that changed shortly when we got home.
 
On a proud/bragging note, I  am breastfeeding this time and it has gone so much better! I have a wonderful lactation consultant who was/is amazing. After my horrible experience with Walker I really didn't think I was going to do it this time and I am so glad I did. It wasn't easy at first and I was going to give up but I am so glad that I stuck with it and that the people I called listened to me and gave me advice, it really helped. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i cant believe he is a month. so cute! :)! im glad things were better this time! :)!
savannah

Lorraine said...

Love lactation consultants. They make such a difference, even when you do think you know what you're doing!! He's so cute!