Monday, March 14, 2011

My new job

I feel like I have a new job of being a researcher and/or investigator.

I have read so much stuff before Walker was born and after from sleeping to poop to colic to acid reflux to you name it. If you could go back a see everything I have researched it is looking up things to help Walker.

Finding a formula that would work for Walker was a horrible experience but after a little research and no help from our doctor besides telling to cut all dairy from my diet, it turns out he has sensitivity towards milk. I was noticing that Walkers face and neck was breaking out in whelps and rashes. First we tried soy and it didn't work it made him constipated, and when I was reading this article online it was saying if your baby can't handle regular formula or soy formula then your baby most likely has a milk allergy so he is on a hypoallergenic formula and had made a world of difference. His face cleared up within a day!!!


I have tried every bottle except for 2. They all claim to reduce spit up, gas, and colic! Lets just say none of them have worked so far, I am trying my last one. So far he has only had 2 big spit ups and has had 5 feedings. If this works I'll let you know.

My current dilemma is to figure which method works for us to get him to sleep through the night. He was doing really well, going to bed at 7 and waking up at 4 then at 7 for the day. But lately he's been waking up a lot at night. I'm not sure if it's because my parents were here and his schedule was thrown off, so I was going to give him a week and see what he is doing.

No comments: