Sunday, December 9, 2012

Prayer

With Christmas approaching I've been trying to think about ways Christ has helped me out this past year. Here are the two major things that I have been thinking about.

#1
    These past few months have been crazy. In case some of you don't know Eric got a job in October working with the Juvenile Justice System. We were both excited for this but it was unexpected because of the job requirements. Our plan was to put school off a semester (since that was the reason we moved here) because out of state was a little much.
    But this job came along and changed everything, and I mean everything. Part of taking this job meant that he would be gone every other week starting in October and going through the end of November. I wasn't to excited about this with having a 1 1/2 month old and a almost two year old.     
    So I had to suck it up and deal with it. I was worried about going to church by myself, buying groceries, going to the park, nap/bedtime, plus everything else. I know that their is no way that we could of gotten through this whole experience if it wasn't for prayer. I don't think I have prayed so much in such a short time frame in my entire life. I truly know that my Heavenly Father was there for me through this time. It wasn't easy, and I did have my moments. When those moments would occur I would pray and things just seemed to be so much better. I am truly grateful for the love our Heavenly Father shows us.

#2
    Making the move out to New Mexico was not easy for me. I love to move, and I love change but this was not one that I was happy about. The whole reason we moved to Wyoming was for Eric to go to school and get his pre-requisites in Speech Pathology.
    We'll that was my plan! Once Eric was done with that program we started to apply for graduate schools. Things didn't turn out our way in that department. But something did happen. Eric, for some unknowingly reason, applied for a masters in Curriculum and Instruction at New Mexico State and he was accepted. When I first saw the acceptance letter I was so excited, because all I saw was "accepted" but the more I read, I was like what the crap, Eric did you apply to the wrong program?!?!
    So we go back and forth about what to do. Shortly after we received the letter, my visiting teachers came by and gave a nice lesson that really got me thinking. They talked about "our" plan vs Heavenly Fathers plan for us. Lets just say I wasn't to happy with what I was hearing, I wasn't accepting this. So many things were going through my head, why did we feel that we should come to Wyoming, why did we accumulate more debt, what are our family members going to think and say about this if we go to N.M.??
   We were praying about it and I told Eric that I am never going to get an answer, this is not what "I" want, this was not "my" plan. So Eric, being the wise ol' owl he is, told me to pray that my heart will be soften, so I could receive my answer. So I took his advice, and with some time I received my answer. I was prompted to go to the Relief Society activity, that I wasn't planning on going to, that they were having at the stake center. So I went, and I heard the same thing again that my visiting teachers had spoken to me about. The speaker seemed to know exactly how I was feeling, it was so strange. From praying and that exeperience I knew what we needed to do. And here we are, in New Mexico, and not going to school. What !?!? Not going to school, I know, I know. But one thing I do know for sure...I know that this is where we are suppose to be right now, doing the things we are doing. I know now that if things didn't happen the way they did we would of never considered moving here, and Eric wouldn't of gotten this great job doing something he enjoys.

**********

I know that our Father in Heaven hears and answers our prayers. I know that if we go to Him with an open heart that he will lead and guide you. I am grateful for the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the comfort and peace it brings to me. I know that our Savior lives. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and leads and guides His church. I am grateful for the friends I have made through going to church and the service that they have provided to my family. I know that we are all brothers and sisters and moving here has really shown me this. I love our Heavenly Father very much and am grateful for everything He has done.

1 comment:

jmw said...

Thanks for sharing your story and your very personal feelings! You are such a great example for me, Jenny! I know our Father in Heaven is guiding your family and watching over you and that you will be led in the right direction because you're faithful and you listen! You won't go astray. Though I must admit, I'm very curious to find out what this will all lead to. I'm not patient. :)