Monday, March 22, 2010

Our Story!

Honeymoon: Baseball game (above) Grand Canyon (below)

Honeymoon: Lake Tahoe (below)

Dating: Yellowstone (below)

Dating: My apartment (below)

Bridal Portraits (below)


Reception in Gilmer

Sealing in Dallas, TX

Dallas

Eric and I have been married for 3 years and 7 mths, WOW! It doesn't seem like it should be that long. Eric and I met at BYU-Idaho in May of 2006 and we were married shortly after in August of 2006. Let's see here what do I remember about our wedding day: IT WAS FREAKING HOTTTTTT!!!!!! We were FHE brother and sister and did not hit it off at first. It is quit remarkable that we even started to date.

Heres our story (according to me)
So we met at FHE for the first time, no big deal, didn't really care. That following sunday Eric started to make fun of Texas, which if you are from Texas you understand how annoying that can be. As soon as someone finds out that is where you are from the jokes seem to never end. We'll Eric thinking that he's funny and all made a wonderful emprission that sunday. That evening I complained to my roommates about how annoying that is when someone does that and that he got on my nerves. I also call my dad and told him that there was this guy who and I quote "got under my skin". Well the next day, Monday, our FHE group was suppose to go to our bishops house for an activity. We'll I realized that my roomates were up to something. I was one of the drivers out to the bishops house in Idaho Falls, so when we were leaving I noticed that all of my roomates ran over and got in the same car as Eric. Great, I knew exactly what they were up to, they were going to tell Eric what I had said. We'll sure enough they did. So FHE happens, everything was ok but awkward. I confronted my roommates and told them that I knew aInd they just thought that it was so funny. Shortly after FHE Eric calls and sings me this wonderful song that he wrote about Texas while playing the guitar. Me being feed up with this, and hearing his roommates in thae background laughing, went and payed a little visit to Mr. Eric. I had him come outside of his apartment so we could talk. I told him that I knew that he liked me because he was flirting with me like a child, instead of hitting me he was trying to make fun of me. And this was his response... I do like you. WHAT?!?!?!??!!! I tottally did not expect that. We'll it didn't end there. That same night we go on a walk with his roommates and mine, I completely ignored him, and when I say completely I mean completely. A couple of days later he finds a reason to come over to my apartment. Reason: to make my roommate a C.D. He knocks on the door and wakes me up from my nap, I answer, he told me he had a C.D. for my roommate, I said ok, awkward pause and then I rudely asked if he wanted to come in or something and he said no so I slammed to door in his face. Oh you would think that this would be over, we'll its not. Next day he calls and speaks to my roommate (the same one who told Eric I was complaining about him) and she told him that she was going to play in a soccer game and invited him to come, he asked if I was coming and she said yes. They hang up the phone and she told me that Eric was going to the soccer game and was expecting me to be there. I told her I don't care, I didn't tell you I was going. She said that it would be rude if I didn't go, and that it would be nice of me to show up. So I showed up. I am not a fan of soccer. We hang out for a while and that was it. The next day he calls again, but this time I answer the phone and he asked if I wanted to go play catch with him at the park, I said sure. I wore sweat pants, an ugly tee shirt, hair in pony tail and no make-up. Can you tell I was trying to impress him. :) And that kids is how it all started, after a dramatic beginning we fell in love over playing catch, we'll according to me.


Here is our honeymoon: it consisted of driving from Texas to Arizona to Utah to California and then back again to Utah. We lived for a short time in Ogden Utah before we decided to make the move to California. Eric and I love it here, we have such good friends and it's nice to be close to family. Our first year heIre, I wouldn't say was easy. I worked at Mervyn's making minimum wage and Eric attended shcool. If you know anything about California you know that it is expensive. It is a true blessing that we made it, I always say we surrvived because we paid our tithing. To sum up our life here in California, Eric graduate from Sacramento state this past Decemeber and I will graduate in May. We have been extremely blessed in our lives and how things have worked out for us so far. I can't wait to see what the next move will be.

1 comment:

jmw said...

wow, I didn't know that it started like that! You all annoyed at Eric. :) We love you guys and are so glad you're here in CA so we could meet you!